All employees have the right not be unfairly dismissed after they have been employed for two years.
However, employees also have the right not to be unfairly dismissed, even if they have not been employed for two years, if the dismissal is because of a growing number of prescribed reasons.
All employees, regardless of their length of service, have a right not to be wrongfully dismissed which means dismissed without the appropriate notice period.
We are experts in dealing with all aspects of unfair and wrongful dismissal. We routinely advise employers, and employees, in relation to their respective rights and obligations.
Whilst many claims resolve themselves through correspondence, if a matter does proceed to a fully contestedunfair / wrongful dismissal claim which results in a fully contested one-day hearing before an Emplyment tribunal, on average we would anticipate that the costs would be in the region of £6-7,500 plus VAT to include:-
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing papers and advising on merits and likely compensation.
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation, where there is as a mandatory requirement to explore whether a settlement can be reached.
- Preparing claim or response, reviewing, advising on claim or response from other party.
- Exploring settlement, negotiating settlement throughout the process, if appropriate.
- Preparing or considering Schedule of Loss.
- Reviewing and exchanging documents with the other side and agreeing hearing bundle.
- Preparing Witness Statements
- Preparation for an attendance at final hearing.
The actual cost will depend on various factors, to include what you want , what the other party wants, volume of documentation, number of witnesses, complexity of issues, what is being sought, what is being offered, if anythng. So please contact us ofr a personalised estimate.