Fees for Unfair/ Wrongful dismissal claims
Our costs are usually calculated by reference to the time spent on a matter. Our hourly rates normally range from £200 per hour plus VAT to £300 per hour plus VAT for an expert and experienced Employment Solicitor or Employment Partner. The actual costs will depend on type of matter, complexity and time taken to resolve.
Whilst many claims resolve themselves through correspondence, if a matter does proceed to a fully contested unfair / wrongful dismissal claim which results in a fully contested one-day hearing before an Employment Tribunal, on average we would anticipate that the costs would be in the region of £6-7,500 plus VAT, to include:-
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing papers and advising on merits and likely compensation.
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation, where there is as a mandatory requirement to explore whether a settlement can be reached.
- Preparing claim or response, reviewing, advising on claim or response from other party.
- Exploring settlement, negotiating settlement throughout the process, if appropriate.
- Preparing or considering Schedule of Loss.
- Reviewing and exchanging documents with the other side and agreeing hearing bundle.
- Preparing Witness Statements.
- Preparation for an attendance at final hearing.
A typical fee estimate, for a one day unfair/wrongful dismissal hearing with a bundle of about circa 200 pages would be as follows:
|Description||Time||Fee (£275 per hour plus VAT)|
|ET1 (Claim Form)||4 hours||£1100 + VAT|
|Review of defence||1 hour||£275 + VAT|
|Disclosure||4 hours||£1100 + VAT|
|Witness Statements||4 hours||£1100 + VAT|
|Settlement/liaising with Tribunal and other party||3 hours||£825 + VAT|
|Hearing||£2,000 + VAT|
|TOTAL||£6,400 + VAT|
The actual cost will depend on various factors, to include what you want, what the other party wants, volume of documentation, number of witnesses, complexity of issues, what is being sought, what is being offered, if anything. So please contact us for a personalised estimate.